Forum Edits - Webmaster Forums - Webmaster forum for HTML, PHP, ASP, CSS and more
Go Back   Webmaster Forums - Webmaster forum for HTML, PHP, ASP, CSS and more > Forum Support > Site Announcements

WebmasterForums.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 05:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 87
Panic is on a distinguished road
Default Forum Edits

Well we may be doing some updates towards the forums. So just a bit heads up If you see any changes.

We are planning to reconstruct the sections for your better usage. So If you have any suggestions on what should be added. Just give a reply here on what you'd "like" to see here.

Thanks,
Panic
Panic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-21-2011, 11:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Regular User
 
Slyfox696's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 35
Slyfox696 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Forum Edits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panic View Post
Well we may be doing some updates towards the forums. So just a bit heads up If you see any changes.

We are planning to reconstruct the sections for your better usage. So If you have any suggestions on what should be added. Just give a reply here on what you'd "like" to see here.

Thanks,
Panic
I'm not sure if it's the type of change you're asking for, but I'll suggest it anyways. At the bottom of the front page, where it lists Currently Active Users, I notice people are "active" after not participating on the forum for many hours. It's 10:30 p.m. where I am at, and there are some people who have not interacted with the forum since 12:30 p.m. (maybe earlier, haven't checked), and yet they are still considered online/active. Perhaps lowering that time to something like 30 minutes.

Why? Because when I'm working with threads, I like to see how many people are online, and likely to post actively while I'm around. Small change, and I realize I have only been on these forums not even long enough to be considered a cup of coffee, but it's just a suggestion.

The other suggestion I would make is more moderators. On my vBulletin forum I have created a class of Moderators called "Power Moderators"...these guys have the powers of regular moderators in all forums, with none of the powers of the Super Moderator. I've noticed several instances where some moderation could be used, and while I'm sure it's gotten to eventually, more moderators could keep the forum cleaner faster.
Slyfox696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Regular User
 
jordanb27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 19
jordanb27 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to jordanb27
Default Re: Forum Edits

Are you guys allowing sigs again with this update?
jordanb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 09-22-2011, 03:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Administrator
 
administrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 261
administrator is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Forum Edits

Maybe. Signatures aren't a high priority right now.

First thing to go will be the spammers. I dont need Louis Vuitton bags or iPads for cheap or iPod-to-DVD Converters. I dont think anyone here does.

All new registrations are now moderated, meaning I have to approve them before they can post. There's a technical issue with the Human Verification Manager right now that I have to submit a ticket for to get resolved. Could be weeks though as we are really busy here.
administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Regular User
 
Slyfox696's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 35
Slyfox696 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Forum Edits

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
Maybe. Signatures aren't a high priority right now.

First thing to go will be the spammers. I dont need Louis Vuitton bags or iPads for cheap or iPod-to-DVD Converters. I dont think anyone here does.

All new registrations are now moderated, meaning I have to approve them before they can post. There's a technical issue with the Human Verification Manager right now that I have to submit a ticket for to get resolved. Could be weeks though as we are really busy here.
For what it's worth, I am administrator of a vBulletin forum for the Wrestlezone forums (I drop the name in case you wish to research). I also administer my work forums with vBulletin. If you'd like some assistance, even if it's only for a little while, I'd be willing to help out. I've worked with vBulletin for years, so I have the experience.

Just an offer of assistance, not asking for anything or expecting anything. But it might help lighten the load. Thanks.

Last edited by Slyfox696; 09-22-2011 at 09:13 PM.
Slyfox696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 02:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Regular User
 
globegenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Matrix
Posts: 67
globegenius is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Forum Edits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
I'm not sure if it's the type of change you're asking for, but I'll suggest it anyways. At the bottom of the front page, where it lists Currently Active Users, I notice people are "active" after not participating on the forum for many hours. It's 10:30 p.m. where I am at, and there are some people who have not interacted with the forum since 12:30 p.m. (maybe earlier, haven't checked), and yet they are still considered online/active. Perhaps lowering that time to something like 30 minutes.

Why? Because when I'm working with threads, I like to see how many people are online, and likely to post actively while I'm around. Small change, and I realize I have only been on these forums not even long enough to be considered a cup of coffee, but it's just a suggestion.

The other suggestion I would make is more moderators. On my vBulletin forum I have created a class of Moderators called "Power Moderators"...these guys have the powers of regular moderators in all forums, with none of the powers of the Super Moderator. I've noticed several instances where some moderation could be used, and while I'm sure it's gotten to eventually, more moderators could keep the forum cleaner faster.
Those are probably just spiders you are seeing. Most forums will have some showing always as active users.
__________________
wwwca.ca (Cloud Computing Canada)
globegenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Administrator
 
administrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 261
administrator is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Forum Edits

Forum Revise is almost complete. The site staff may be moving some of your threads to the new sections so please don't get mad if your post has been "lost". It is not lost, just moved.

Thanks.
Management
administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Regular User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 15
raed_vb is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Forum Edits

i think this current arrangement is good and complete
raed_vb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Regular User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 283
sudhir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Forum Edits

hmm..thanking to you for share this information...
__________________
web designing ludhiana
sudhir is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



» Advertisement

» Advertisement

» Affiliates
Web Hosting
Online Backup Reviews
Marketing Find
Merchant Select
SiteMap Builder
Host Compare

» Advertisement

» Sports Network
Paintball Forum
Football Forum
Hockey Forum
Golf Forum
Boxing Forum
Lacrosse Forum
Baseball Forum
SnowBoarding Forum
Soccer Forum
MMA Forum


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Webmaster Forums
Web Hosting | Web Hosting